cloudy chlorine test

wont let me post em so im gonna try putting em on a new thread

You have reached your limit on server data. You can either use a third party photo sharing site or become a TFP supporter for additional server space.

Do not start a new thread.

You're going to see the same effect with the Taylor test but my point is the DPD-FAS Taylor test is going to be less affected by it as you are doing an actual titration with the R-0871 and not a color reading. The cloudiness is unimportant to the test and, if you use a SpeedStir, it doesn't matter.

You may want to check on that ColorQ. It's sanitizer limit is 10ppm FC (20ppm bromine) and it's calcium hardness test is know to have a smaller range than the Taylor kit and be much more susceptible to errors. So your CH could be way off. I know the ColorQ's can be very popular but we have had many posts over the years where people get funny results with their ColorQ and then come to the realization that it was totally wrong when they start using a Taylor kit. As with any electronic tester, it must be regularly calibrated and checked against standards to make sure it is working properly. ColorQ's are know to go "bad" after about a year of use or so - the light source in the system ages, the optical elements get dirty, the test cells transmit less light with age, reagents go bad, etc. I'm not sure if LaMotte offers recalibration services for those units but it's not a bad idea to check.

With the Taylor test kits, all of the tests except for pH and CYA are titration tests and so the endpoints are easy to see. The pH test can be a little tricky for some and so, in that case, get a cheap $20 electronic pH tester and plan to replace it every year. The only test that requires a bit of practice is the CYA test but most people can manage it just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.