closing pool for 1st time- which pump drain valve to use?

jmassaro

Oct 5, 2020
monmouth county, nj
This is my first year with a pool, i opened and maintained it myself, and now its time to think about closing. I was planning on using an air compressor to blow out the lines. From what i have been reading, I can just thread the air compressor into the pump's drain valve. I have a hayward super pump, and there seem to be 2 drain valves- one on the front ("short" side of the pump")almost directly below the suction pipe, and the other is on the "long" side of the pump. Which valve would I connect the air compressor to??

I'm not sure it really matters since both drain plugs are in the pump basket itself anyways. I see you posted this question yesterday. Have you tried it yet? Do you have any other closing questions? If you do let us know. Also, don't forget to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. It will help us when answering questions. Below is our closing page which may help. Good luck!.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.