Igotyou765

Aug 7, 2023
Indiana
I have 25 acre field behind my house. I can’t get the winter cover to not catch the wind in the winter. Has anyone used the hurricane pocket cover before? It has a center drain and don’t really want the water draining in my pool. I’ve drained the pool in the past but think I’ll leave it this year and plug the return and skimmer.

The pool is new in 2021. And The previous owners had a cover. The water didn’t collect but the wind definitely put a strain on the walls and I want to prevent any more damage that could prevent the pool from being usable. So if no cover, just a leaf net over it?

Don't hijack it :ROFLMAO:, but there's some ideas in this thread.

Reactions: swmnfarmpool
I have 25 acre field behind my house. I can’t get the winter cover to not catch the wind in the winter. Has anyone used the hurricane pocket cover before? It has a center drain and don’t really want the water draining in my pool. I’ve drained the pool in the past but think I’ll leave it this year and plug the return and skimmer.
I am wide open to the elements and we deal with this every year. I buy the winter cover that's a little wider and I skip the cable and crappy winch that come with it and use a slightly heavier 1/8" coated cable that is 100' long. I attach thimbles on each end with wire rope clips/clamps (after the cable is ran thru the grommets completely) and when everything is in place....I use a ratchet strap to slowly cinch it tight around the pool below the top rails down about a foot. We then start to add some water and I tie about a dozen and a half or so saved CL jugs filled with water with mason string connecting the jug to the cable underneath. I also do the stretch wrap around the entirety about 8-10 wraps. I don't buy the blue pricy stuff - find some stretch wrap at a packaging or shipping store. 1 big roll will last several seasons. I'm a few weeks out from closing, but will send pic when I next do it of the cable / ratchet system. Note: I tried a turnbuckle a few years back but it had a habit of slowly slacking back.

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.