Clorox salt?

I really want to know why some get srains and some do not. Still wont be buying it again

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Probably because the contents are being sourced from multiple suppliers. As I stated above, these are only Clorox "branded" products. Clorox does not manufacture salt. Their pool and spa products are simply rebranded chemicals manufactured by industrial suppliers. So it's not that surprising that there can be quite a bit of variation in bags of salt because, at the end of the day, they are simply trying to source the cheapest supplies of salt they can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to know why it's getting to be almost as much as the pool store salt. It's gone up a dollar a bag each year nearly. Two years ago I could get it for about $4 per 40lb bag, last year it was right at $5, this year it's $6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pay like 6 and change for a bag with tax from walmart and pool stores want like 10 bucks a bag so still a decent deal. I think lowes usually has it too for slightly more if walmart doesn't have stuff that doesn't stain.

I'm sorry to read at least two others also got staining from the Clorox salt. The salt coming from multiple providers also makes sense. I also noticed that of the three reported cases myself and cajunfla are both in Pensacola and LSE08 in SW FL. With different suppliers it looks like it could be a regional issue with whatever they are shipping to FL or maybe the SE in general.

I'm sorry to read at least two others also got staining from the Clorox salt. The salt coming from multiple providers also makes sense. I also noticed that of the three reported cases myself and cajunfla are both in Pensacola and LSE08 in SW FL. With different suppliers it looks like it could be a regional issue with whatever they are shipping to FL or maybe the SE in general.

Unfortunately, this is probably not a regional problem. I picked up a bag in Sam's Bowling Green KY last week. Dumped in pool and I have never swept Mortons or Diamond Crystal around pool to distribute in past. Salt usually dissolves and comes to the level I want and that's it. Next morning, wherever this Clorox nightmare touched the liner was stained yellow-brown somewhat iodine color. Why are they allowed to sell us junk and damage our property and continue doing business as usual. If it cleans up- it still takes work and time as well as expense. I don't have a scuba suit or the right Vitamin C to scrub it so I will have to figure it out. Why are the sellers of this product not responsible for the clean-up or even replacement liners. Probably a class action suit in the making.

Glad it worked out.

Have you bombarded them on social media? That gets their attention these days.

Take care.

I used Clorox for my swg conversion last month- I got large pale-yellow stains. Purchased at Sam's Club in OKC in May. My liner is so patched and old, not sure I'm worried about it at this point. I got ~14 patches which I believe is from the kids playing with a diving brick used for lifeguard tests last summer. Live and learn.

I used Clorox for my swg conversion last month- I got large pale-yellow stains. Purchased at Sam's Club in OKC in May. My liner is so patched and old, not sure I'm worried about it at this point. I got ~14 patches which I believe is from the kids playing with a diving brick used for lifeguard tests last summer. Live and learn.

Diving brick? Got a pic?

I am in thre process of converting to SWG. Check Walmart online says the store closest to my house has Mortons. I get there and its Clorox. Go home andd check again...its says Mortons is in Aisle G21...maybe they have it in two places? Nope. Its Clorox. Call the next closest Walmart have the lady check do they have Morton's? Yep....I go pick it up....Two Walmarts within 10 minutes of each other. One has Clorox one has Mortons...go figure...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Next time get water softener salt. No additives. The minute they put 'pool' on the label the price goes up 50% --

I've never been able to find regular solar salt or water softener salt without additives when I've needed it. I've called all around, and when they did have it, it was $1 more than the pool salt. I've only used mortons and diamond brand pool salt. Never a problem.

I've never been able to find regular solar salt or water softener salt without additives when unneeded it. I've called all around, and when they did have it, it was $1 more than the pool salt. I've only used mortons and diamond brand pool salt. Never a problem.

The Home Depot in Paducah, KY has water softener salt for $5.73 per bag and pool salt $9.98 per bag. Now it might cost you alot more to drive there but I am not sure how close you are!

Take care.

The Home Depot in Paducah, KY has water softener salt for $5.73 per bag and pool salt $9.98 per bag. Now it might cost you alot more to drive there but I am not sure how close you are!

Take care.

I go to paducah a couple times a week. Not too far. Rural king has pool salt for $5.49. Solar salt is $1 less on their website, but I've never seen it in the store. That's the best price going right now. Walmart is up to $5.88 for pool salt this year. They usually don't have the regular blue bags of water softener salt; just the iron reducing kind. I saw that they had a pallet of each this year, but it wasn't any cheaper than the pool salt. In fact it may have been a little bit more expensive. You could buy the pool salt for $4 a bag three years ago.

Unfortunately, this is probably not a regional problem. I picked up a bag in Sam's Bowling Green KY last week. Dumped in pool and I have never swept Mortons or Diamond Crystal around pool to distribute in past. Salt usually dissolves and comes to the level I want and that's it. Next morning, wherever this Clorox nightmare touched the liner was stained yellow-brown somewhat iodine color. Why are they allowed to sell us junk and damage our property and continue doing business as usual. If it cleans up- it still takes work and time as well as expense. I don't have a scuba suit or the right Vitamin C to scrub it so I will have to figure it out. Why are the sellers of this product not responsible for the clean-up or even replacement liners. Probably a class action suit in the making.

This is not a bad idea. Anyone know if Chlorox brand pool salt is still having this problem?

GiorgiaPoolOwner - based on past evidence I would stay far away from the Clorox pool salt, IMHO. Why be the test dummy for a few dollars in savings?

I will stay away from it. I purchased a bag the other day, and thankfully read up on it before putting it in my pool (which led me to this thread). However, I noticed that the problem is prevalent not only on here, but on the reviews: Clorox Pool Salt - Walmart.com

Poster DocD suggested a class action, and it got me thinking. A colleague of mine brings these type of cases, so I was inquiring if this is still an ongoing issue. If so, I was going to discuss it with him so more people are not harmed. If it was a temporary thing that has been corrected, I'm less interested. I just don't want more unsuspecting people's pools stained because of this. Most of those customers are not TFPers, so their pools will stain and they will get pool stored to "fix" the problem with God knows what until they spend $1000 making the problem even worse.

Well, I just got 10 bags for my 18x40. I just replaced the liner also, so hopefully I'll not have the stain issue. I usually buy it from Sam's. It wasn't always Clorox either that Sam's carried. They did carry Morton at one time.
So last year my liner was pretty white. I did notice some staining where the salt stayed piled.

I know $9 is a lot for salt, but I think I'll be staying away from the Clorox brand also.

I like the Clorox salt. It's very fine and dissolves fast. I never knew that people just dump it in and let it sit. I pour some into a large bucket full of pool water stir it around with my hand to help it dissolve then pour around pool near jets. Of course I have to do this several times, but the Clorox is cheap, it dissolves faster that any other salt I have used. The other method I use is dump salt in bucket and broadcast it into pool as I walk around it. With that method I brush bottom area of pool afterwards. Never had any staining.

Just used Clorox brand for the first time yesterday and noticed this morning that for the first time ever, the salt had not completely dissolved overnight but there was still a couple small “piles” on the bottom of the deep end. Also noticed that the salt reading on both the remote and wall unit read “0000” and very low salt error. Coincidence?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.