Cleaning my old pool cleaner before putting it in my new pool?

Feb 21, 2012
S. California
I have a Amazon.com : Hayward W3PVS20JST Poolvergnuegen Pool Cleaner (Automatic Pool Vacuum), White : Garden & Outdoor

that has sat unused for at least a year and looks pretty dirty inside and out. My pool had a lot of algae before I drained it. I am in the process of having my pool completely redone, including new plaster, tile, etc. I am not sure how to clean the cleaner and do not want to put it in my new pool and bring in who knows what in there.
1. Anyone have any suggestions for how to disinfect it of any potential algae spores or whatever might be in there?
2. Is it worth cleaning or should I just buy a new one?

Thanks!

I have always been told that what I had was better then the pool robots. I am open to a pool robot. I was planning to connect the cleaning robot I linked to into a suction line. Don't the dedicated pool robots need the opposite, some type of return line to blow water into it?

Thanks.

I have a Amazon.com : Hayward W3PVS20JST Poolvergnuegen Pool Cleaner (Automatic Pool Vacuum), White : Garden & Outdoor

that has sat unused for at least a year and looks pretty dirty inside and out. My pool had a lot of algae before I drained it. I am in the process of having my pool completely redone, including new plaster, tile, etc. I am not sure how to clean the cleaner and do not want to put it in my new pool and bring in who knows what in there.
1. Anyone have any suggestions for how to disinfect it of any potential algae spores or whatever might be in there?
2. Is it worth cleaning or should I just buy a new one?

Thanks!
My wife isn't on the forum so I can post this
I took my Polaris apart and put in the dishwasher with drying cycle off :) IT got a lot of fine dirt and grim out and I didn't add a lot of dishwashing powder.
I did run it through a couple quick rinse cycles before adding soap

Reactions: bellbound
I have always been told that what I had was better then the pool robots. I am open to a pool robot. I was planning to connect the cleaning robot I linked to into a suction line. Don't the dedicated pool robots need the opposite, some type of return line to blow water into it?

Thanks.
Are you talking about a robot like the dolphin? If so it has voltage and a self contained basket and pleated filters. Comparing the robot to my old Polaris is like vacuuming vs sweeping a hardwood floor, dolphin is 10 times better

Thanks for the tip about the dishwasher (y)

1. Does the Dolphin need to connect to power somehow? How is it powered.
2. I was under the impression that the robots like the Dolphin worked somehow off a specific line in the pool, like a return...?

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip about the dishwasher (y)

1. Does the Dolphin need to connect to power somehow? How is it powered.
2. I was under the impression that the robots like the Dolphin worked somehow off a specific line in the pool, like a return...?

Thanks.
The dolphin has a 120v power supply that converts it to a low voltage that runs to the cleaners over a 50’ cord. You do have to have an outlet near the pool deck.
But it does a great job, has 2 brushes that spin while sucking so get the fine stuff off the bottom. Plus the s200 climbs and cleans the tiles.
look at the dolphin pool cleaners on YouTube to get an idea how they work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.