Cleaner trouble. Please help!!!

spoonman

Jun 16, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Hi folks,

Going crazy on this one! I’ve had a Barracuda G3 working great for the past 5 years. Recently I replaced a few parts (diaphragm, foot, pad) and since then it cleans OK but everyday the hose disconnect itself from the wall vacuum port.

I suspect this may be occurring when the pump (and cleaner) cycle stops but I’m not sure. The hose just pushes into the port (as it always has) so there is nothing to screw or really plug-in. The vacuum suction usually makes it work. I’m baffled as to why this is suddenly a problem!! Any ideas??

Including a picture of the vacuum and wall connection. I can post some better pics of my setup if that would help! Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• 434C3A32-49AF-4F62-BADF-E0088A09D020.jpeg
    434C3A32-49AF-4F62-BADF-E0088A09D020.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 6
  • E5767588-1F6C-4D2C-B30E-18782B968602.jpeg
    E5767588-1F6C-4D2C-B30E-18782B968602.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 6
I’m wondering if I can use the cleaner either elbow (the hose would fit tighter) but the elbow was provided by Zodiac/Baracuda as part of the standard assembly.

Here’s a better picture of the connection.

Attachments

• 35998E85-AA81-49F8-A43F-4C020BA835AA.jpeg
    35998E85-AA81-49F8-A43F-4C020BA835AA.jpeg
    364.1 KB · Views: 7
Can’t see why it would pop out. My Kreepy Krawly uses the exact same fitting and it works fine. Have you tried playing with the pump speeds? I know my suction cleaner comes with a flow measuring tool so you can adjust the pump speed to get the optimal flow rate for the cleaner.

Also, are you using an in-line leaf trap? If not, I recommend you do. I initially ran my suction cleaner without one and cause a blockage from all the mesquite needles in the pool.

Thanks for the reply! I found out that when the pump stops, the hose jerks causing it to come loose. I’m not sure if the jerking is normal when the suction stops, however I have fixed the issue of the hose coming loose by angling the hose elbow upward as recommended by Zodiac (instead of to the side) which has stopped it from disconnecting.

On the issue of a leaf canister, I have never used one but have wanted to get one. I don’t like having to empty baskets multiple times during a wind/storm cleanup effort. That said, most of my leaf issues are from a Tipu tree that I’m getting removed because I’m tired of the constant 365 day mess it causes.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.