classic pump lid bubble

I went with 3 way valves on everything the first time... This time I am going with 2 way Jandy valves for everything.. It is more expensive but it gives great control over every single suction and return side pipe... it can be used to troubleshoot each pipe for leaks, it is just a better way to do it..

Is the spare drain a bottom drain or side drain? If you did all 4 in 2 way Jandy into 1 pipe for the pump it would make very easy to know if one was leaking :)

If you ever automate the pool and spa valves it would take 2, 24v systems to make it work instead of 1 for the 3 way valve..
I didn't do any of this (bought the house this way), just started learning and now its all starting to make sense, I've seen pictures on here of people having separate lines with 2 way valves all joining into a quad PVC, looks much easier and cleaner.

bottom drains are connected at skimmer with diverter UFO, side drains are the spares that were capped off.

"If you did all 4 in 2 way Jandy into 1 pipe for the pump it would make very easy to know if one was leaking :)" that's why I'm thinking if I'm going to make this project happen I mine as well plumb the spare drains in with a 2 way valve with everything else, couldn't hurt......

I have iAqualink, the suction side and return side have never lube electronic actuators and I have "pool mode, spa mode, spa drain and spa fill" that makes the actuators automatically orientate correctly

I'm lost, redid the plumbing, water still halfway in the pump basket. I know its not leaking, skimmer/main drains, dedicated vacuum port and side wall drains all on their own valves now

The 2 on the floor are your main drain.

The 2 on the side are suction ports. They are designed to take water in, not be returns. Looks like the plan was a second pump for some water features and that was the suction line.
I'm lost, my main drains and skimmer are on 1 valve, dedicated side vac 1 valve and side drains on 1 valve and still only halfway up the basket in the pump. I know I'm not leaking on suction

That makes both of us. You want to restart the conversation?
Sure, I redid my suction section with 3 new independent valves. Main drain connected to 2nd port on skimmer with diverter valve, middle is dedicated vacuum line for robot and then final valve is side drains on the side of my all. All on their own new valves. I try "priming" my variable speed jacuzzi JVX300 and the basket fills halfway under skimmer/main drain valve only on at 3000rpm. My piping for spa and pool drain is 2.5" i noticed when plumbing. My vacuum line and side drain is 2"

Post pics of your new suction plumbing to the pump.

Sure, I redid my suction section with 3 new independent valves. Main drain connected to 2nd port on skimmer with diverter valve, middle is dedicated vacuum line for robot and then final valve is side drains on the side of my all. All on their own new valves. I try "priming" my variable speed jacuzzi JVX300 and the basket fills halfway under skimmer/main drain valve only on at 3000rpm. My piping for spa and pool drain is 2.5" i noticed when plumbing. My vacuum line and side drain is 2"

20210502_200551.jpg

You said you can reinstall your SS pump. Did you try that?

You said you can reinstall your SS pump. Did you try that?
I have not, seeing if I'm missing anything before I do, whats the lowest prime speed? Or does it vary? The pump was "brand new refurbished" from a retailer.

Steps to prime?

Fill basket fill (it stays full, it does not drain or lower level)
Put lid on with oring lubed
Hit iaqualink filter pump button to start on panel (rpm 3000)
Open DE filter air valve until water squirts out then close valve

All I know

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With everything you have done it points to a pump problem. That refurb is a red flag.

Confirm that pump has never worked for you?

They would not have hooked up the pump during refurbishment and seen it is totally working. It is defective. Likely someone else returned it when it didn’t work. They polish it up, sell it again, and hope it works the second time around.

They would not have hooked up the pump during refurbishment and seen it is totally working. It is defective. Likely someone else returned it when it didn’t work. They polish it up, sell it again, and hope it works the second time around.
It makes sense, swapping back to my SS stealth now. I know my piping is 100% after all valves and lines replaced and pressure tested

Reactions: Newdude
sorry about this, I stopped receiving alerts :(

Nice job on the new pipes and no leaks... I did not know the pump was a refurb.... Hopefully when you hook up the old pump it will work perfect then just exchange or get a new VS :)

sorry about this, I stopped receiving alerts :(

Nice job on the new pipes and no leaks... I did not know the pump was a refurb.... Hopefully when you hook up the old pump it will work perfect then just exchange or get a new VS :)
No problem!, you are both helping me learn about my own equipment, honestly the pipes had to be redone anyways (age and sun beaten) i think it looks much better and have more independent control now. I forgot to mention the refurbished pump that was my bad but it will make sense. Have to take back the pump now and get a few parts (story of my life lol) to get my old pump plumbed in.

On a side note which is not related to this......
Whats the major pros and cons of iAqualink vs haywards line (expert)? Major differences? I saw the floating control thingy for the pool/spa and looks cool 😎

No idea.. I have Intermatic as my automation... :)
How do you like it? Is there anything you wish you had that it doesn't have? Only looking at ideas because my dad wants automation and I wouldent mind changing mine and giving him my iaqualink box and antenna. Its drifting off current topic just wanted opinions 😁

I love it but I have a really basic system.. I have just bought the expansion part of it so I can get 24v valves and I can do pool and solar.. Here is the system..

This is what I have now but I did not buy this kit.. Intermatic Multi Wave Wireless Pool and Spa 80amp with 2 actuators - PE35065RC - INYOPools.com

I bought the PE653 first, then the P5043ME and the actuators and the electrician installed a breaker box...

It has worked great for 8 years.. I had an issue once the first year and they warrantied it the next day... The remote still works great and now with the P5043ME I can program my VS pump also...

On a side note which is not related to this......
Whats the major pros and cons of iAqualink vs haywards line (expert)? Major differences? I saw the floating control thingy for the pool/spa and looks cool 😎

They do the same thing with very different User Interfaces.

Jandy has one automation box- Aqualink.

Hayward has Prologic, AquaPlus, OmniLogic, Omni PL, that has different levels of abilities.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.