Choosing a water color

Lapsang

Sep 13, 2019
Berkeley, CA
Needing help, I‘m between two water colors. I love this turquoise color but noticed it doesn’t match the color of the bay as well as the color called maui which is a sapphire like color. Does this matter? The two photos are mock ups of both colors from other people’s installs inserted into my view. This is my morning view on a sunny day. Please note, lighting is not correct for here mock ups which would influence the colors greatly. Thank you or any help.

Attachments

• 5B48E9A2-F38F-44EE-BC88-FB6D35352876.jpeg
    5B48E9A2-F38F-44EE-BC88-FB6D35352876.jpeg
    497.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 845D1AB4-10F0-4A2D-B6DB-894241FC4F63.jpeg
    845D1AB4-10F0-4A2D-B6DB-894241FC4F63.jpeg
    434.2 KB · Views: 73
Welcome to TFP.

Nice view. I think its is very difficult to engineer the precise water color of a plaster pool. There are too many variables from the variability in plaster color to your local light.

In my opinion either color will be beautiful in your setting. You can't go wrong with your choice.

Welcome to TFP.

Nice view. I think its is very difficult to engineer the precise water color of a plaster pool. There are too many variables from the variability in plaster color to your local light.

In my opinion either color will be beautiful in your setting. You can't go wrong with your choice.
This pool will be a pebble pool with some glass beads. Your opinion is greatly appreciate, thank you.

Both are beautiful, but I like the 2nd one better as it seems to coordinate better with surroundings. The first one seems more appropriate for South Florida/Caribbean.

This pool will be a pebble pool with some glass beads. Your opinion is greatly appreciate, thank you.

Understand that the pebble colors and glass beads are mixed on site and there can be variability in the mix from pool to pool.

If you want to ensure you get the mix you expect you should find out exactly what mix you expect, check the materials when they arrive on site, and observe as they are mixed. We have had members who discovered after the pool was plastered that the mix was not what they expected. How much pebble is left exposed also affects the colors you see. This is all a handcrafted process and what you get depends on the quality of the plaster contractor.

We’ve just recently been through the pebble choice process. In the end it was a bit of a leap of faith. To me there seams to be three dominate shades or hews of blue, starting from a light green blue, to a light champagne blue and on to a deep blue blue. The two colours you have above look like the light champagne blue and a deep blue to me. The darker shades which include some black pebbles can look a bit grey in low light.

I think your first one is a bit bright and the second a bit dark. Something in the middle maybe? We are after a definite blue finish without getting too dark. The mix we chose is called Mediterranean and has some blue glass, a tiny bit of black pebble and some blue dye.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.