Chlorine tabs or not?!

There's nothing wrong with the occasional use of trichlor tablets, but you need to understand how they will effect pool chemistry. Pool Math will tell what effect an 8 oz tab ill have your pool. Trichlor tablets add CYA, FC and are acidic, which means they will also lower pH. If your chemistry allows for it, use them. If you're away from the home for a few days and can't add chlorine or muriatic acid, tablets can come in handy.

There's nothing wrong with the occasional use of trichlor tablets, but you need to understand how they will effect pool chemistry. Pool Math will tell what effect an 8 oz tab ill have your pool. Trichlor tablets add CYA, FC and are acidic, which means they will also lower pH. If your chemistry allows for it, use them. If you're away from the home for a few days and can't add chlorine or muriatic acid, tablets can come in handy.
So I used them last year when I switched over because we had always used them but now the price is very high so I just wanted to see if they were still necessary with my new routine. If I don’t use them, would I need to adjust my normal routine?

You don't NEED to buy them if you don't have any. I thought you had some and were asking if they were okay to use.

You will need to have a plan in place to maintain FC if your away from the house for days at a time.