We got a pool this year and I'm stuck 'maintaining' it. Went to Leslie's and was told to stabilize the water then add a floater with chlorine tablets. Being ignorant, I put 3 tablets in a floater to fill it and stuck it in the approximately 3500 gallon pool---apparently I should have only added one. Now our pool is reading high on total and free chlorine. I keep getting told to take out the floater, but I read that chlorine gas is not good to breathe and if I remove the floater and close the vents won't the gas build up? How do I safely remove this floater so I can give my pool several days to chill out on the chlorine?