Chlorine stabilizer product

Donldson

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio
The cheapest CYA will just be granular stabilizer at a big box store like Walmart.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
GP,

The 2-pack of the liquid will cost about $42 bucks and raise the CYA in a 20K pool by about 37 ppm.

You can buy dry CYA on line in 25 lbs bags for about $45 bucks and it will raise the CYA in the same pool by about 150 ppm.. (Not that you need to use it all at once.. :) )

It lasts forever..

Jim R.

jtpipkin

Bronze Supporter
Oct 2, 2016
albany, ga
Is this stuff difficult to dissolve? It says pour directly in skimmer, but last time I did that with a CYA product, it clogged my skimmer...and I didn't even pour very much in there.
DO NOT pour directly in the skimmer. I use a skimmer sock, dangle it in front of a return and squeeze it often. I can dissolve 4 lbs or so in under 30 minutes while i'm playing in the pool. Easy once you get the hang of it. I tried an old tube sock the first time and in the dead of winter - didn't think i'd ever get it to dissolve...

jtpipkin

Bronze Supporter
Oct 2, 2016
albany, ga
and add in increments - don't shoot directly for your end goal - go 75% of the way or so and recheck in a week. Repeat.

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
If you are starting at 0 you will need between 10-15 lbs. The Puritec posted by jtpipkin is a much better buy.