Bronze Supporter
Jun 30, 2021
Lincolnton, North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ok so Ive had my TF100 for a week now and Im testing everyday and I love the ease of this kit with the speed stir!
My question is ..... Is 38 ounces an acceptable chlorine loss overnight? My combined chlorine seems to stay at 0-1 and I know it should e higher. I dont know how to post my logs for anyone to see other than n individual log so any help there would be appreciated. I know i have my logs shared to the forum but not sure how to access them.
Just curios if that loss is normal or high or low for our area and a I know probly 6-8 hours of direct sunshine per day!
Other that the question everything is going great!
!
tony the tiger swerk GIF

Ok so Ive had my TF100 for a week now and Im testing everyday and I love the ease of this kit with the speed stir!
My question is ..... Is 38 ounces an acceptable chlorine loss overnight? My combined chlorine seems to stay at 0-1 and I know it should e higher. I dont know how to post my logs for anyone to see other than n individual log so any help there would be appreciated. I know i have my logs shared to the forum but not sure how to access them.
Just curios if that loss is normal or high or low for our area and a I know probly 6-8 hours of direct sunshine per day!
Other that the question everything is going great!
!
tony the tiger swerk GIF

Did you mean 38 ounces per day or actually lost overnight after the sun has gone down? That's about 2.5ppm of chlorine which is normal for daily loss due to sun but if you're losing that overnight, you've got algae and need to SLAM
SLAM Process

Reactions: Bondo66
Combined chlorine should be as close to 0 as possible. Free chlorine should be relative to your cya which according to your log is 40. Your free chlorine Target is 5-7ppm for daily maintenance levels.

FC/CYA Levels

Not chlorine loss Im sorry, thats the average amount Im adding the past couple days.
Thank you for the response, doing more reading in the pool school and sounds like i need to up my cya level to help my chlorine.

Not chlorine loss Im sorry, thats the average amount Im adding the past couple days.
Thank you for the response, doing more reading in the pool school and sounds like i need to up my cya level to help my chlorine.

Your cya is probably fine at 40. Consistent testing will tell you how much you lose each day. You want to replace what was lost daily and ideally stay in or a bit above that 5-7 range. For example: I don't want my chlorine below 6ppm. I know my pool loses about 3ppm per day. So i add 3ppm worth of chlorine each evening (60 ounces in my case) so i start the next day at 9 and it never goes below 6.

Reactions: Bondo66
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.