Chlorine and stabilizer question

Using the Taylor test kit. When I add the drops to turn sample from pink to clear on the chlorine test. I count the drops then multiply. Sometimes over the course of a few minutes my sample will turn back to a lite pink color. Does that matter

Using the Taylor test kit. When I add the drops to turn sample from pink to clear on the chlorine test. I count the drops then multiply. Sometimes over the course of a few minutes my sample will turn back to a lite pink color. Does that matter

No. Once clear, follow with the CC test if you wish or dispose.

My life saver has been the Pool Math app. It's been much easier for me to use compared to the one on my computer. You just plug in your results and the app will tell you exactly how much and what to add. It's amazing to me that all you need is some 10% bleach!

Going to do the oclt test tonight. Got the pile of dead ants out of bottom of pool. Them things are awful this year. Back washed pool. Tested chemicals.
F.c. 5
C.c. 0
T.a. 100
C.a. 50
Didn't add any bleach since level was above 3. That way when I test before I go to bed I will know that's the true chlorine #'s. Then test when I get up in the morning, then add my bleach. This sound ok.

Sounds good. Run the pump all night or be sure it has been on for at least 30 minutes prior to taking your sample for the AM test.

Take care.

As of now my pump runs 24/7. Going to do something in the future (timer) but that's a post for another day. Just downloaded the pool app so I believe that will be a big help. What's your opinion on algaecide. I would like to add some for preventive measures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.