Chlorinator not draining

Jul 24, 2018
Leander/TX
Up until a few weeks ago, when I shut off the pump and unscrew the pentair chlorinator cap to add tablets, the water would drain from the chlorinator tube. Now all of a sudden, the water does not drain and the tablets don't seem to be dissolving. The chlorine level in the pool has dropped quite a bit. I can see water coming in to the chlorinator feed tube when I open up the valve. Any idea how to test if there is a clog where the water leaves the chlorinator? Can it be snaked without damaging it?

Thanks,
Bob

But a better idea is to ditch the use of pucks and go liquid chlorine or SWG all the way! Those pucks are sending your CYA up with each and every one. For a puck to give you 8ppm of FC, it is also giving you 6ppm of CYA! That's scary bad.

Just a suggestion :)

Maddie :flower:

Bob, did you get the chlorinator working? If so, what was the solution.

Yea Bob! Did you get the problem resolved?

Gonna jump in here as I am having the same issue ..... CL100 (inline) and has always done a great job ... Lately though CL levels been dropping and now having algie issues ... 6-8 weeks ago I did find that check valve fitting on outlet side had come apart so I replaced the fitting ..... I have noticed that the Tablets don't seem to be dissolving. In the past 5-6 tablets would be gone in less than a week and now they never completely disappear and barely dissolve ... I just checked the check valve and it seems fine and removed the control Knob Orings look ok and unit is intact ... this thing just allows water in around tablets and dispenses chlorinated water into return plumbing ....Only thing that I have not checked yet is to blow some air into intake to make sure its not clogged .... one note is my tablets are probably over a year old ....they are individually packaged but normally you would have to tear open packette to remove tablet but not the packet will dissolve to pieces when you go to remove the tablet ...... open for suggestions ..... mike

20181022_104820.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.