Chlorinating Water Features

Jul 18, 2018
Austin TX
Good evening everyone. I’m in the process of learning what my pool needs are regarding my pump run time. So far I am experimenting with 4 hours at about 1035 RPM and 2 hours at 1550 RPM. So far so good though I expect to bump the run times up a bit in the summer. Will also be turning on the SWG when temps start to stay above 60.

As I was thinking about all this I realized I need to run the water features (sheer and bubbler) regularly to ensure I keep fresh clean water in the pipes. I’m contemplating running the pump on high for the last 15 mins each day with the features turned on. The purpose of high speed is to ensure I get good pressure into the sheer and get the waterfall effect going rather than it dribbling out like it does when the pump is at lower speeds.

Any thoughts? All of this is controlled by my Hayward OmniLogic so I can get as creative as necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.