Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
PLEASE DON'T KILL ME !!!

I am recovering from surgery so my son is taking care of the pool (15k gallons, fiberglass with a SWG). He did not want to bother with my Taylor K2006 and went to the dreaded Leslie's.

Attached is what I calculated the pool needs based on the Pool Math Calculator. I used the middle of the range (i.e. Ideal range for TA should be 60-80, so I chose a target of 70).

Even though he told Leslie's our set-up, they still spit out:
FC = 1-4 ppm
TA = 80-120 ppm
CH = 200-400 ppm
Cya = 50-100

Such a huge discrepancy ... so did I do the Pool Math wrong?

Attachments

• Pool Levels.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Test with your own kit and ignore the pool store recommendations.
I will use my kit when I am recovered but it was just such a crazy difference between the ranges that the Pool Math Calculator recommends, and the pool store did ... which I know should never be used.

FC = 1-4 ppm
They recommend this because they don’t acknowledge the fc/cya relationship
TA = 80-120 ppm
They recommended this because they sell acidic pucks for daily chlorination which will tank your ph without such a buffer
CH = 200-400 ppm
Not horrendous
Cya = 50-100
Because they sell cya containing pucks for daily chlorination- if they didn’t recommend this they would either need to stop selling as may pucks or instruct people to dump their water multiple times per season which would not go over well.

Your numbers all look fine if they are accurate.

Maybe have him bring you a sample of the pool water so you can test it with your kit. I wouldn’t rely on the pool store testing because you know better.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I am recovering from surgery so my son is taking care of the pool (15k gallons, fiberglass with a SWG). He did not want to bother with my Taylor K2006 and went to the dreaded Leslie's.
Simple. Hand him the instructions and tell him he is written out of the will if he doesnt use the test kit. :)

Good luck with your pool and recovery.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdragger88 and kul