Chem results.

ADAVIS1994

May 23, 2019
First time pool owner and after dabbling these are my results... chlorine is high as I shocked late last nite. Only filtered about 12 hrs so chlorine is still high. Other than obviously high chlorine why would you guys advise me to do. Water is clear just need to do some more vacuuming for a bit of accumulation on pool floor. 10,000 gallon pool. Thanks so much for any advice!

Also this is a saltwater pool and was told it depends on what brand the generator is as to what the readings/salt norms are which I thought was weird. Trying to get a baseline to get the salt aspect of this thing going!! Appreciate any and all advice!! Tomorrow going to get the salt aspect going according to suggested amounts. Thanks y’all!!

Attachments

• 127E8908-4BDB-4261-AAAE-27CB3ADD976B.jpeg
    127E8908-4BDB-4261-AAAE-27CB3ADD976B.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to the forum!
The forum does not provide specific guidance based on pool store tests. We advocate pool owner testing using a proper test kit. I recommend the TF100 -- Test Kits Compared
IF you follow the data you provided, see FC/CYA Levels.
For your SWCG, you need the appropriate salinity for that to operate. Order the K1766 salinity kit to determine the salinity of your water.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Reactions: ADAVIS1994
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.