Check valve placement

Apr 23, 2013
Destin, Fl
I'm adding a Heat Pump to our pool and I need to add a check valve. All of the installation instructions I see say to install the Check Valve AFTER all the bypass valves and before the feeder (Check valve shown in red). Unfortunately I don't have much room to work with and I'd prefer to add the Check Valve as shown in green. Would this be correct as well? I'm thinking yes, but I'd like more opinions.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Heater.jpg
    Heater.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 18
If you have a tab feeder, then you must have a check valve between the heater and the feeder... This prevents the acid in the tablets from feeding backwards into your heater when the pump is off.

The red box location will work fine.

You should look into a saltwater system.. Much better for going on vacation or being deployed a lot.

I used to be stationed at Eglin back when they were flying "bricks"... :mrgreen: We had a great time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

We have the other “no-no” in this forum, an ozoneator. May look into saltwater, but haven’t had any issues yet. Our pool water is like it just came out of the faucet.

This part of Florida is great - we love it. I PCS’d to Hurlburt in ‘98 and have been here since!

Thanks for the help! I was pretty sure it was good but wanted to run it past someone else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.