Check valve for SWG?

gmg

May 3, 2023
Houston, TX
Fairly new pool owner here - construction was completed about a year ago. Like many, I started used tablets, CYA got out of control, I switched to LC a few months ago, and now considering installing a SWG.

I am thinking about removing the inline tablet chlorinator and installing the SWG (probably RJ-45) in its place, however it looks like I will need a few extra inches. With a SWG, do I need the check valve to the left of the chlorinator, or can I remove that and reclaim the space?

Thanks - TFP has made a HUGE difference in a very short period of time with my understanding of pool management!

Attachments

• 2023-09-08 09.15.43.jpg
    2023-09-08 09.15.43.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 15
What is the flow switch (or looks like one) to the right of the valve?
That's for the (now unplugged) UV sanitizer you can see on the far left. I'm hoping the same flow switch will work for the SWG. Will probably take the UV out of the mix in the future (planning on adding a chiller next spring, so will handle all that replumbing at once...)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.