Changing Value locations on Intex xtr pool

MS82

Aug 12, 2019
UK
Hi all, We have sunk an Intex XTR pool into the ground and have recently upgraded the pump, filter, and heater so that we don’t have to access them from in the hole under the ground, under the decking. On doing so we have realised that the best place for our equipment is on the opposite side of the pool but we don’t want to move the pool because it’s a lot of hassle as it’s in decking. I am hoping that I can just leave the inlet and outlet valves as they are in the turnoff position, and cut new holes the other side of the Liner and add new valves. Has anyone had experience of this and is it a good idea or a really bad idea. Thanks for your help, Michelle

Hello and Welcome to TFP!

Many users have put a typical Hayward return jet on an Intex type pool. It’s not difficult and not a bad idea. If I was going through the trouble of doing this, I’d put a skimmer in for the intake instead of double suction ports. Especially since you’ve upgraded the pump.
I don’t really like the idea of leaving the old ports and valves. The only downsides I can think of would be a place for algae to grow or potential leaking. Perhaps you can get a patch large enough and cover each port from the inside to seal them off. Then leave the valve open until it dries out inside and then close the valve for insurance.

Or you could plug them. That’s what I did with my unused suction (after installing skimmer). Let me see if I can get a good photo.

Mine is a Hayward 1.5“ drain plug which appears to be unavailable now, but maybe you could find similar. It’s a perfect seal, not one drip in years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.