Change App Ranges for Saltwater Spa?

rtb1982

Jun 14, 2022
Spring, TX
I have a Caldera spa with the salt system in it. The ranges they suggest are not quite the same as normal spas for instance the Calcium is good from 25-75 with 50 being optimal. Is there a way to change the ranges on some of the items? I know another user talked about removing CYA which doesn't matter as much if at all on a covered tub (Maybe that's left in there as it calculates adjusted total alkalinity if that's even a real thing)

Thanks in advance!

CH, calcium hardness in an acrylic or fiberglass (non plaster) tub is not really a major factor although some users use a low level to reduce foaming. CYA protects bathers and their suits (if applicable) from the harsh effects of even very low FC levels. TA and pH are related and important to test and manage for both your expensive equipment and bather comfort.
Use a proper test kit to manage your water, it's that important, Test Kits Compared and welcome to TFP. :cheers:

CH, calcium hardness in an acrylic or fiberglass (non plaster) tub is not really a major factor although some users use a low level to reduce foaming. CYA protects bathers and their suits (if applicable) from the harsh effects of even very low FC levels. TA and pH are related and important to test and manage for both your expensive equipment and bather comfort.
Use a proper test kit to manage your water, it's that important, Test Kits Compared and welcome to TFP. :cheers:
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah i did just get my TFP 100 Kit in the mail and guess what the levels im testing are different from the lab.. big surprise right lol.

Anyways I just saw that the CSI rating in the app was way negative which what seems to be related to the low CH levels. That's why i was asking about changing the levels of the CH to account for saltwater spas that specifically called out for low CH levels. I guess i will just ignore that stat for now or turn it off :)

I also constantly fight pH rise due to the chlorine generation from chlorine. I did find recently if i keep my TA lower around 60 or so i can get the pH to drop but if its higher in the 80-90 range its very hard if not impossible to get the pH to drop.

CSI is used primarily for owners of plaster pools and spas to protect their surface. It can also be used to help SWCG owners to understand water balance and reduce cell plate scaling. You will want to run your CSI negative. Good job securing a good kit, no more funny numbers.
You are correct in your understanding of TA. Check this out...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.