Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Long time reader, first time poster.

I’m almost done repairing my motor and pump after a bearing replacement. I’m at my wits end because I cannot get the seal plate to mate up close enough to the housing to even get the band clamp threads started. It’s almost like the diffuser is 1/8” proud, preventing the seal plate and diffuser from inserting far enough into the housing. There just the smallest gap between the 2 face preventing me from getting the clamp on there snug. Any ideas?

Here’s a pic with me holding the seal plate so that the gap is even around the circumference.

Attachments

• 9EB2B8E2-F65D-4713-BAFD-0EC9512872DB.jpeg
    9EB2B8E2-F65D-4713-BAFD-0EC9512872DB.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Long time reader, first time poster.

I’m almost done repairing my motor and pump after a bearing replacement. I’m at my wits end because I cannot get the seal plate to mate up close enough to the housing to even get the band clamp threads started. It’s almost like the diffuser is 1/8” proud, preventing the seal plate and diffuser from inserting far enough into the housing. There just the smallest gap between the 2 face preventing me from getting the clamp on there snug. Any ideas?

Here’s a pic with me holding the seal plate so that the gap is even around the circumference.
Be sure the mounting plate behind the diffuser is in the right location and the diffuser sits over it properly. If you made a change to the impeller and diffuser the plate must match as well. As JamesW said, the diffuser O ring can cause an issue as well. Be sure it is lubricated and the old one is not in the opening.

Reactions: Turkish

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.