Feb 6, 2013
Jupiter, Florida
Testing my calcium hardness, 25ml sample. Add the 20 drops R-0010, swirl, then 6 drops R-0011L. Turns SLIGHTLY red, not very much When I add the R-0012 it never changes to blue. Goes to a light shade of almost yellow and stays there. I thought it might be old chemicals so got a new batch for CH. Same result. I've never had this so am wondering is it as simple as having little to no calcium in the water? If so then I wonder where it all went!! User error, lack of testing I am sure but I've had it go low but not non-existent. Any comments appreciate.

I would do the test with 10ml of water, 10 drops of R0010, 3-4 drops of R0011L.

No idea on the yellow.

Has the R0011L stained the bottle? If so, it is no longer any good.

I would do the test with 10ml of water, 10 drops of R0010, 3-4 drops of R0011L.

No idea on the yellow.

Has the R0011L stained the bottle? If so, it is no longer any good.
Thanks, Marty. Tried the smaller sample with 4 drops of the 11L. Worked this time, calcium at 425. No idea why it worked with the smaller sample. My bad test wasn't a one time thing. Got the same "yellow" 3 times a week ago and thought maybe it was old chemicals so ordered 6-7 various ones including 3 for the CH. Used the new ones for my yellow test this morning. BUT...got a result with smaller sample. One thing I noted is that the "new" R-0011L I got has a 6/21 expiration date. Amazon won't take it back due to it being chemicals. I guess I could argue for a refund but the $7.00 isn't worth it.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.