CH sky high...

That was the method I was using... Getting a new bottle of r-0012 (C size) delivered Wednesday that I will use to compare results with the bottle included in the test kit. Hopefully I'll get closer to the 250 CH readings that are reported to be in the tap water in this area.

Would anyone know what type of CH variances they may be in a regional municipal water supply?

If the water source is consistent, the CH should be consistent. My water supply can come from three different sources..and at times it's a little from all three together.

Reactions: proavia
Drained about 3/4 of the pool and refilled with soft water, Ran the pump for several hours then tested the water. Here are the updated results... PH and TA a little high, Salt is low but that is expected, added three bags of salt and will test tomorrow.

CH : 350
Chlorine: 3 - 6
PH: 7.8-8.2 (closer to 8.2)
TA: 160
FC: 3
CC: 0
TC: 3
CYA: 80-100
Salt: 1200

I'll start by adding a quart of muriatic acid... Will that help lower the TA too? Going to plumb in the SWG in a day or so but have a test pipe to use until I get all the levels where they should be. Also have a little water softener to connect to the autofill line to help keep the CH in check.

Last edited:
Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.