CELL Replacement

May 20, 2017
Loveland, CO
I have an "Aqua Rite" S/N 5A0403 1030601 (Approx. 1998 - 2003 when I bought home) with an Aqua TurboCell S/N 1E0607-4074189 (Replacement by me in 2006).

First question - Is there a recommended period you should replace the cells?

2nd question - I think my Control Unit is changing the Percent Output on its own.

11 years is an inordinate amount of time for a salt cell to last. You can take it to any Leslies pool store to be tested. But my bet is its time for a new cell. A salt cell will only produce a finite quantity of chlorine over its lifespan then it is exhausted and must be replaced. That is how you pay for chlorine if you have a salt pool. If you must replace, genaric salt cell have shown poor results, recommended that you stick to the original manufacturers cell.

I am on the 11th season with my Aquarite cell and I am expecting it to die at any time. There are no Leslie's in Portland, OR or any other place that I know of to get a cell checked, so I just keep a close eye on the chlorine level and I always have a couple jugs of bleach on hand.

5A04 means that the box was made in 2004.

The best test for the cell is to compare the instant salinity to the actual salinity.

If the cell is good, the instant salinity will be within 800 ppm of the actual salinity.

If the cell is bad, the instant salinity will be more than 800 ppm below the actual salinity.

The percentage might be changing due to a bad dial controller or a bad connection between the display board and the main board.

Go to percentage and turn the dial to see if the display digital percentage matches the dial percentage.

Electronics cleaner might work. You can try it if you want.

Turn off power, remove the display board, clean controller with electronics cleaner, allow to dry thoroughly and reinstall.

Make sure that the electronics cleaner specifies that it is safe to use on the type of electrical component you're trying to clean.

What are all of your diagnostic readings?

What is your actual salinity?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.