CC, should I get rid of them immediately ?

pakalrtb

Active member
Sep 25, 2010
35
Roatan - Bay Islands
Finally got my TFTest kit, but now I am obsessed with the values of my water :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have a FC level of 3 and CC of 0.5 . Should I get rid of them right away, or should I shock once a week ?
P_
 

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
11,555
Houston, Texas
0.5 CC is nothing to worry about. Just keep your FC at the top of the recommended range for your pool and you will not ever need to go through the shock process. (FYI: I say that because shocking a pool is a process and not a one time application dispensed on a schedule :)) Enjoy your pool! Looks like you are in the early stages of sparklypoolitis! :)
 

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
23,371
SouthWest Alabama
Have you ran the OCLT (overnight chlorine loss test) yet? That will really determine whether you need to shock or not. As Zea said, there's no "schedule" to shocking. You only shock when you need to.