NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi - I wanted to caulk around my vinyl steps where it meets the concrete. Just to avoid excess water and settling over time and to properly seal it. Would anyone have a recommendation on the best caulk option to use?

Thank you.

I can't see what is in the places you want to caulk.

What do the gaps look like?

Pool was just put in so the concrete decking is up against the vinyl step frame. Wanted to caulk the small gap to prevent water from going in between.

I still can't see the size of the gap.

Maybe something like Sikaflex 1A. Use a flexible mastic seal.

Hi - I wanted to caulk around my vinyl steps where it meets the concrete. Just to avoid excess water and settling over time and to properly seal it. Would anyone have a recommendation on the best caulk option to use?

Thank you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Those seams are tight and you will not get any caulk down into them.

I would leave it as is.

Anything recommended to use just to prevent water over time. I know far to well that after many years there is always additional settling under the steps. It had a good 5 months to settle but over time it always goes down. Just trying to be proactive.

The caulk is not going to prevent settling and is not going to follow the movement.

I would watch the area and if the seam opens then it is time to put some flexible mastic in it like Deck-O-Seal or Sikaflex 1A.

Right now it would lay on top of the seam and the steps will settle under it. Then you will need to scrape it off and reapply it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.