cartridge Filter CORD wont fit

63john

Jul 10, 2016
slidell
I removed the top half of the Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 4 cartridge filter for a 16,000 gal in-ground and after switching to clean cartridges the black circular "cord" which fitted well around the bottom unit last time (6 mos ago) is now extended in length (somehow) by about 1.5 inches and literally "hangs" over the side of the bottom unit now. This makes it impossible to secure the Top half back on the unit and secure the metal "wrap around" belt which tightens the unit to closed and watertight position. I have another "cord" but the bead seems thicker than the first and cannot get the top half on as well. Any ideas why this "extension happened" ? First cord is several years old. Presume I have to online order the belt as likely most pool stores (Leslie's) dont stock, Thanks

I can only assume you are talking about the large black O-Ring that seals the top and bottom halves of the filter.

What I've found makes the O-Ring "grow" is cleaning it off and adding pool lube. If you pull it though you hands when cleaning or adding pool lube, it will stretch and get longer. Letting it sit in the sun for half an hour will sometimes return it to its original shape.

Instead of pulling it, try pushing it through you fingers. Works for me anyway..

Jim R.

Thanks much I found one online @ Pool supply world for $20 perfect fit based on Pentair filter # CCP 420. The lube however is necessary to seal the air gaps around the O ring otherwise the water will leak. Will be careful with the stretching as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.