Can’t vent all air - is it normal?

Alexr54

Jun 17, 2015
Florida
I have a inground pool with a Polaris 8 port in ground cleaning system.
When replacing the Hayward filter I am trying to use the top screw to vent all air out from each port as it cycles.
Seems no matter what I do there is always air. I have tried venting for about 5 minutes.

Is this normal? Should I vent for longer durations?

As far as I know, in-floor cleaning systems work off the pressure side, not the suction side. If they had a leak, you'd have water squirting out somewhere, not air getting in.

So if your filter is filling up with air and you're seeing it burp out the cleaners, you need to look at the suction side. That's where the air is getting drawn in. That's everywhere from the floor drain and skimmers through the pump basket to the pump impeller. The most common air leaks are low water causing a vortex in the skimmer, loose winterizing drain plugs on the pump, and the pump basket lid. The drain plugs and the lid are more specifically the rubber O-rings.

When I get air in my filter, like after I clean out the pump basket, it takes about a minute to stabilize and just a matter of seconds to purge all the air out the top vent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.