Can’t see pucks in “clear” Rainbow 320 Chlorinator Tube

May 22, 2015
Chalfont, PA
Hello!! Looking for tips for my “clear” Pentair Rainbow 320 chlorinator. It came mostly see through with a yellow tint; but after a year, the tube is so cloudy that it’s hard to see if there are still pucks inside without opening it.

Hoping someone has an idea of how to make the tube see through again!

Thanks in advance!

You may want to check and see if they will replace the plastic under warranty. It has oxidized due to the chlorine tablets and they may have used a plastic that wasn't chlorine resistant enough for it to oxidize that badly in a year's time. If they won't replace it try polishing the plastic with plain, white toothpaste and a soft cloth. I've used toothpaste to polish the haze off of 14 year old car headlights so it might work for your situation.

Following. I washed mine with hot water and a new toilet bush. It seemed to remove a lot of the chlorine tab residue but it’s still cloudy. This is the second one I’ve had and it never holds up to the tabs. I don’t know why they even sell it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.