Can you run a cartridge filter with only 1 cartridge?

Joshii

Jul 15, 2013
Cleaning cartridges is a PITA! For spring opening, I would love to be able to run my filter with just one of the 4 cartridges until the pool is clean. Then I can take apart the filter and only have to clean out 1 cartridge. Has anyone done this? How would you do this?

Cleaning cartridges is a PITA! For spring opening, I would love to be able to run my filter with just one of the 4 cartridges until the pool is clean. Then I can take apart the filter and only have to clean out 1 cartridge. Has anyone done this? How would you do this?
I have (but haven't used) one of these that is recommended by a few folks here...sure seems like it could help make the task a little easier.

If you run your filter with one cartridge you may as well not have any in it. All the flow will go through the internal ports that do not have the cartridges installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.