Can you help identify LED color changing light gone bad

May 14, 2011
Taylor, Texas
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi. ONE of two lights has gone out. The lights are wired in parallel.

Can anyone identify this one from the picture so I can find a replacement. The bezel is clear plexiglass/plastic.
The eight screws look like torx but may be hex. There are two other holes, one at 11 o'clock I assume for a tool to remove it?

Thanks!IMG_20221007_104549457~2.jpg

Maybe this.

Also see below for alternate replacement options.

One more thing. I'm draining the pool in a couple days to re-plaster. Looking at the pictures for the light, it appears the back end is detachable. Cant see any specification in the online manual. If that's true, no need to pull a wire. just replace the head. But I dont see that replacement option mentioned in the manual. Anybody have experience with that fixture? Also, mine are 6 years old this year, and wonder if this newer Gen2 will actually work with an older light, eg is Gen 2 that old? Got a call in to Jandy but waiting in the queue, and wonder if the tech will be able to answer anyways.

Thanks in advance,

So, Jandy never called back, had to hang up on hold after a long while.
I pulled the light from the tube.
It is the SAVMEL 12Vac 20W P-Series.

IMG_20221008_171636659~2.jpg
In a normal tyme, we might even be able to get a replacement cartridge! Oh well...
At least the pool builder ran the lights in separate conduits...so easy to pull...since they make then attached to cord.
Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 5.54.59 PM.png

Zodiac owns Jandy and SAVI, so it's still a Jandy light.

June 04, 2014

Zodiac Acquires Pool Lighting Manufacturer

Zodiac Pool Systems has acquired SAVI Pool and Spa Lighting.

The deal between the Vista, Calif.-based manufacturer and Next Step Products, LLC, parent company of SAVI, expands Zodiac's portfolio of lighting systems which already includes products from Jandy Pro Series.

Zodiac recognizes SAVI as a pioneer of nicheless pool lighting technology.

"It has a wealth of intellectual property and 15 years of experience in developing an innovative product," Troy Franzen, managing director - Americas, for Zodiac Pool Systems, stated in a press release

Zodiac will continue to operate SAVI as a standalone business.

SAVI's previous owner, Mark Masterman, will remain with Zodiac as the director and general manager of the SAVI line of products.

Aligning with Zodiac "provides us the ability to introduce the SAVI lights to the entire swimming pool market worldwide in a very short time," Masterman stated, "which is something we never could have accomplished as an independent company."

The company will continue to operate from its Orlando, Fla. facility.

The date code looks like the light was made in 2017.

Reactions: guinness
You should only use "Listed" lights for your pool and/or spa.

I don't think that the Florida Sunseeker lights are listed with any approved testing laboratory such as UL, Intertek or other such lab.

The requirement is that the light be “Listed”, but not necessarily “UL Listed”.

Listed means certified for use in pools or spas by a qualified testing laboratory.

The accepted standard is UL676.

So, any qualified testing laboratory should make sure that the lights at least meet that standard.

So, it’s a bit confusing since the standard is a UL created standard but the test can be carried out by any “qualified” testing laboratory.

If the light is sold for pool or spa use, it should be listed by a qualified testing laboratory and the manufacturer should specify which testing laboratory has certified the light.

The following is the complete list of test standards determined to be appropriate for use under OSHA's NRTL Program.

After certifying a product under the NRTL program, the NRTL authorizes the manufacturer to apply a registered certification mark to the product.

This mark signifies that the NRTL tested and certified the product under the NRTL program, and that the product complies with the requirements of one or more appropriate product safety test standards.

Users of the product can generally rely on the mark as evidence that the product complies with applicable OSHA approval requirement(s) and is safe for use in the workplace.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.