Can you floc a salt water pool?

Jasper1

Bronze Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Boulder/Colorado
Not sure if this is under the correct category, but here goes.

I made the switch to a SWG for my above ground pool so fairly new to this system. Can you floc a salt water pool? Can't seem to think of why not? (I have used ProTeam's SuperFloc in the past when I was not using a SWG and worked like a charm but just thought I'd check with you all.

TIA!

J,

If you ever have to "Floc" your pool, you are doing something wrong.

The whole point of the TFP pool care process is so that you never have to add "magic" chemicals to your pool.

Tell us why you want to add Floc to your pool.. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thanks @ajw22 and @Jimrahbe. I think I need to do some reading on the TFP pool care process and the link you provided on further reading.
I generally do not floc my pool -- maybe once a year after I've had an incredible amount of "dirty" dogs in the pool. (It's a 41 x 21 above ground dog pool -- no people). This weekend, I had about 20+ dogs and you could tell some were filthy as a bunch of dirt, grass, and other debris is being caught my filters and auto vacuum. Normally my system can handle the standard dirt from dogs and generally dogs that come and swim are clean but for some reason this weekend was crazy.

Being a dedicated dog pool makes it a bit of a different story.

Tell us what your pool equipment is. Particularly your filter. And what type of skimmers and suction ports do you have on the pool?

Reactions: markayash
@ajw22 I have a 27 Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter with a 1.5 hp variable speed pump. It's a splash pool above ground pool and I'm using the skimmer long baskets it came with (and I'm adding "socks" to them because of the fine dog hair) . There are two suction ports with the skimmers (placed diagonally from each other on each end of the pool). skimmer assembly is this: Complete Skimmer Assembly

How often do you backwash your sand filter?

Have you deep cleaned the sand filter?

Have you tried adding a small amount of pool grade DE to the filter?

A sand filter can be slow to clear fine particles from a pool. How long have you given the filter to do it’s job?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.