Can someone run a SWCG system in parallel?

Benlsargent

Aug 21, 2020
Tyler Tx
Pool Size
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
43k pool
Jandy PLC1400 swg
1.5 hp Jandy stealth pump
1.5 inch return line
CYA 60
Run time for pump 24hrs a day
zone 8 East Texas
My FC runs between 1 and 3 and have had some algae issues this year so was wondering if I could add a second SWG system parallel to my existing swg to get enough chlorine generation for the pool.
Even 24 hrs a day runs a bit short.
More posing the question to see if the idea is bad.

You had me at
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

*Shameless request for pics.

I'd use the Jandy up and go with a 60k unit for similar money when the time comes. For now you really only have a problem with the peak season and soon you'll get by ok as is.

I liked the write up about parallel systems as preferable.
Something I could consider tackling this winter.
I ended up with mustard algae and black algae this year though I caught early and tackled the issues.
Just believe the issue was FC dropping too low during peak season.

Reactions: Newdude
It appears you have some form of automation. Could you include that in your signature? That makes some difference in how you could develop a Parent/Child hook up for two SWCG's.

As requested I have a Jandy Aqualink RS controlling the Jandy SWG PLC1400
When I do add a second SWG I think I would install a 60k gallon unit.
You would have one unit as the Parent tied to the automation. That one you vary in % generation.
The other would be the SLAVE, it would just be set to come on via a Relay and would generate a set amount, depending on rated size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.