can an ic40 be repaired

S,

It is unlikely that you will be able to repair the IC40. It might be worth a shot if they were very cheap and you knew for sure that you could get one with good plates and another with good electronics, but of course you can't be sure. So you could easily end up with units that all had the same basic failure.

Pentair SWCG's were built as consumable, throw away items...

If you decide to give it a try, please let us know what you find.. It would be interesting to know.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I've had a couple of IC40's go bad over the years. I kept one around for a while thinking I might be able to salvage a part from it. The only thing that it was useful for was as a dummy cell.

Thanks for the comments. In looking at mine, it seems that the unit's plastic case is sealed when it is made. IOW, there is no apparent way to disassemble it. So, I don't see how repair is possible. But still people buy and sell them on ebay for parts and repair. Go figure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.