Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I learned a lot about these at an older thread. Calcium Deposits on pool wall

our pool was refinished just over three years ago. Can I assume that these calcium growths are normal and not something that would be covered under the PB warranty?

Here are my chemistry numbers.
IMG_0859.jpeg

C,

They are normal when the job was not done correctly.. New plaster was put over delaminated plaster and it takes a couple of years for the problem to show up.

I can almost guarantee that your pool builder will just blame you, no matter who is responsible.. FC too high, TA too low, etc, etc.. It does not matter if the pool builder is correct or not, it only matter that without expensive testing, you can't prove he is wrong.

The sad part is that the nodules will just get worse and the only cure is to remove ALL the plaster down to the gunite and start over.

I know this because I have the same problem with a rent house pool. I drained that pool and sanded all the nodules down.. As expected it lasted about a season.. I will probably do this same ever couple of years or until the current tenant moves out.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Reactions: CFlaPool
Calcium nodules are a form of delamination.

A few nodules are to be expected in a refinished pool.

Widespread problems may get to where you have a delaminating claim for warranty. Lots of grey area in between to argue about.

Reactions: CFlaPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.