Calcium Hardness

What are your entire pool chemistry results?

Depends is the answer, if your fill water has elevated CH and you have evaporation and your TA is above 80 or so and your pH is kept in the high 7's, then no, you do not need to add calcium.

MK - My last results from today were -
FC = 6
TA = 120
CYA = 20
PH = 8.2
CH = 225
Salt = 2900
CSI = .51

Added the recommended Baume Acid and the Dry Stabilizer to get the CYA up and the ph down. Feedback welcome.

With that and evaporation your CH will rise fairly quickly. So no worries. Just don't force your TA below 80 and keep the pH in the upper 7's.

No, but realize that the recommended ranges sometimes have to be taken in context with your fill water parameters. And while you are still under the range, you can manage things by keeping your pH in the upper 7's and not forcing your TA below 80.

Play with the CSI calculation and adjust as necessary, that’s why I do anyway. If you play around with the CSI calculator you’ll find PH,water temp, and TA affect it the most with PH main contributor. CH is so minor that it moves the CSI very little. I’ve had my CH at 500 before and still kept CSI in range. No scale in pool, ZERO scale in SWG. Basically I’m not fretting too much over CH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.