Gold Supporter
Jun 4, 2019
Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is it normal that the drop size of the R-0011L (blue stuff) seems noticably smaller than drop sizes from the other reagents? I figure it may be due to the viscosity but wanted to ask.

They should be the same size.

When doing the test, bottle vertical, no to very light pressure on the bottle to start the droplet to form. Let the droplet form naturally on the tip and fall. Should take at least a second between drops.

The R0011 is the indicator solution. While its best practice to be as careful as you can your not going the change the outcome if your just a little short on the indicator solution. The R0012 is important one for accuracy.

The drops always seemed smaller on my R0011 also. I thought they were supposed to be. Isn’t the drop size dependent on the tip shape? A more sharply tapered tip would produce a smaller drop and a blunter tip, a bigger drop. Is the R0011 tip not a sharper taper than others?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.