Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2022
Parsons, Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our pool is vinyl. No plaster will be cracking if the level isn't up there. So, my question is - does CH affect the balance of the other chemicals? My CH is roughly 160. If it affects how everything else balances out, I need to raise it. But was curious about just leaving it. I've searched for posts about it here, but I am still kinda confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Not sure how you're testing Test Kits Compared
Your signature doesn't show a heater so the CH in your chemistry can be left alone.
Just curious - if there was a heater, would you answer be different? I ask because I have the same question and have always been told not to worry about it if you have a vinyl pool. But I do have a heater and now wondering if I should be paying more attention.

Just curious - if there was a heater, would you answer be different? I ask because I have the same question and have always been told not to worry about it if you have a vinyl pool. But I do have a heater and now wondering if I should be paying more attention.
Follow the heater manufacturer's recommendation for calcium levels. TFP recommends a minimum of 200 ppm for pools with heaters. Scroll down to the section on heaters in this article:

Reactions: jgofnj and HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.