C-19 Vaccine-I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did I miss this thread... and how come every one else wins the lottery but me?! 😞 ,... I have given up calling around looking for a vaccine. And I have a low tolerance for dealing with the medical bureaucracy anyway.. I am an essential worker in a field that no one cares about and I am old but not quite old enough for anyone to notice. So I figure I must be in category 5000-Z. so I will just hunker down, stay in my pod and wait for them to call me...grumble grumble

I too am an essential employee in a field no one cares about (prison). I have been working housing units shut down with positive cases, day in and day out. I have not caught covid yet. I have been tested with negative results. I'm not sure if I even want the vaccine because the TB testing I go through every year makes me achy... I was also a very sick child with my vaccinations. I don't even want to think of what the roney roo vaccine will make me feel like. I'm just being honest. I haven't seen my granddaughter in months because of my job. I was doubled out all through Christmas because my co workers had it. I did not have a Christmas... at all. Again, I never got it. I go to work and come home. I don't have a life beside the walls on the inside of the fence and the 4 walls and roof I call home.

Reactions: superuser
I too am an essential employee in a field no one cares about (prison). I have been working housing units shut down with positive cases, day in and day out. I have not caught covid yet. I have been tested with negative results. I'm not sure if I even want the vaccine because the TB testing I go through every year makes me achy... I was also a very sick child with my vaccinations. I don't even want to think of what the roney roo vaccine will make me feel like. I'm just being honest. I haven't seen my granddaughter in months because of my job. I was doubled out all through Christmas because my co workers had it. I did not have a Christmas... at all. Again, I never got it. I go to work and come home. I don't have a life beside the walls on the inside of the fence and the 4 walls and roof I call home.

There are so many who do essential work no one thinks of....sad. ☹️

I can understand being hesitant to get a vaccine when you’ve had side effects from other vaccines (the shingles vaccine I got was no fun!). However, I assure you Covid is likely to be FAR worse than short term side effects from a vaccine. And what if you inadvertently infect someone else who may get severe illness or worse?

I would hope you choose to get vaccinated when it’s offered to you. It‘s not just something we do to protect ourselves, but to also protect others. 🙂👍

A big thanks to ALL our workers who perform essential duties! 🤗

Casey,

I have had both of my Pfizer Covid shots.. Had the second one yesterday.. I have had zero side effects of any kind.. Absolutely nothing.. My wife gets her second shot this Saturday, but she has not had any side effects either. I would not let the few people that report side effects stand in your way of protecting others.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Probably not the best I introduction as a long time lurker.

(Setting up my first more permanent above ground pool this spring after doing years of intext pools of various sizes...pretty excited!!!!!!!)

Anyhow Casey,

These vax’s aren’t “roney roo” at all. The technology that went into producing them has been around for a long while....it’s just the market hasn’t needed it till now.

I do understand your concern though. My grandma was terrified to get her first vax last month as she’s had bad reactions to flu shots in the past....she decided to get it last minute and not one single adverse reaction in her part. Not one. And lawd knows if that woman even had a toot that came out side ways you’d hear about it, lol.

She had her second shot today and was actually looking forward to it. Still no reaction other than a sore arm.

We are in Canada and based on my age (and the shortage of supplies procured here) I won’t be able to receive one for some time....even though my kiddo falls into a higher risk group. Again, cause I’m not throwing shade I’m nervous too as I’ve reacted to meds in the past but I can’t wait to roll up my sleeve and giver.

To me everything we can do to get it out this Covid prison....I’m on it.

Not telling you how to suck your egg....but maybe give the vax another thought esp if you have the option to get it.❤

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll chIme in. I’m deeply concerned about the prison population, inmates and employees. We have to get COVID under control in our most vulnerable groups, or we’ll never control it anywhere else.

Reactions: magiteck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've had both of my Modernas. Registered early on the county web site and it's worked out great. I think the FEMA change in DFW has all but shut down the original county site and moved it, so not sure how that will work going forward.

CVS pharmacies are now doing Covid vaccinations. I heard they release the appointments around 1:00 a.m. so if you check early in the mornings you may be able to get an appointment if you are in the current qualifying groups.

CVS pharmacies are now doing Covid vaccinations. I heard they release the appointments around 1:00 a.m. so if you check early in the mornings you may be able to get an appointment if you are in the current qualifying groups.

About 5 am this morning my spouse was finally able to schedule his appointments (1st & 2nd shots) with CVS. We’ve been checking the site for a few weeks at all hours.

Scheduled my appointment through a woman at the Department of Corrections. I'm going Wednesday at 1055am for my first shot. They are sending me a relief and I'll return to work. Hoping I dont get terribly sick for the second one. I never did well with vaccinations.

My wife and I won't be getting the vaccines. She has two auto-immune diseases and a history of anaphylaxis from prior immunizations, requiring a lot of medical intervention. Her body already perpetually attacks itself, so it is extremely risky for her to inject one of these experimental compounds. She has a rare and complicated medical history involving cytokine storms and adverse responses to various foods, medications, standard treatments and other inputs affecting her immune system. Her medical file could fill a presidential library. The COVID vaccines trial results do not (and can't) have any long term safety data and they also don't prevent transmission. Maybe one day in the distant future I will consider it depending on how this all plays out, but for now we are both working remotely, have all items we require delivered and we're staying isolated for as long as we feel we need to.

Reactions: kimkats
My wife and I won't be getting the vaccines. She has two auto-immune diseases and a history of anaphylaxis from prior immunizations, requiring a lot of medical intervention. Her body already perpetually attacks itself, so it is extremely risky for her to inject one of these experimental compounds. She has a rare and complicated medical history involving cytokine storms and adverse responses to various foods, medications, standard treatments and other inputs affecting her immune system. Her medical file could fill a presidential library. The COVID vaccines trial results do not (and can't) have any long term safety data and they also don't prevent transmission. Maybe one day in the distant future I will consider it depending on how this all plays out, but for now we are both working remotely, have all items we require delivered and we're staying isolated for as long as we feel we need to.
You are correct they do not prevent transmission but they do slow it down, how much they are not sure right now but "some" believe it cuts down about 75% of the virus load.. Your wife is the reason all the rest of us need to be vaccinated so we can slow/stop the spread.. once we get herd immunity >75% of the world population the rest we will be good to go because it wont spread as easily... :)

once we get herd immunity >75% of the world population the rest we will be good to go because it wont spread as easily... :)

I do crisis management for a big company, and we just had a call with our corporate medical director. She had a good, but depressing statistic: Even if 100% of the eligible population gets the vaccine there is still >25% of the population that are children and cannot receive any of the current vaccines.
With those stats, this will continue until 2022. That kinda put a damper on the rest of the meeting.

• Sad
Reactions: Newdude
They can be carriers they just bounce back from it like it was nothing, most have no symptoms at all... because their immune system fights it so well they do have lower amounts of the virus in them...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.