C-19 Vaccine-I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo the whole free thing. Watch when u go for the second dose. Here in pa we are seeing “office visit” billing. A way for the clinics to make money. Some are being called out on it others aren’t. Is it right no. I mean when I went for my first they did my vitals and the horse and pony show which I assumed was to cover themselves for the office visit. I won’t even see a Bill cause my insurance will just cover it. I’ll have to go online and check in a few weeks.

On a side note. I don’t want to sound all political but my wife has been working the covid floors for months now. I’m also in healthcare. Not the acute setting like my wife but in a pediatric setting for children all with special needs. After we get the second dose and we have “immunity” in the 2 week or so period later things don’t change for ppe. You can still carry it on ur clothes, hair, body. You can still get it. It’s not a 100 percent thing. This is where vigilance and cont care with masking a social distancing is still so important. I have talked to so many people who think once they get the vaccine it’s back to normal life.

Who knows if we will ever see a fully normal life. I know things are not changing till at least next year. But even after that I can see mask wearing being ramped up during flu and cold seasons or if there are spikes. I think this is our new normal. Just my opinion but I know for sure if we all think by just getting this vaccine you don’t have to worry anymore I know it will. One back to bite is in the butt.

This vaccine is just another layer of protection.

Sooooo the whole free thing. Watch when u go for the second dose. Here in pa we are seeing “office visit” billing. A way for the clinics to make money. Some are being called out on it others aren’t. Is it right no. I mean when I went for my first they did my vitals and the horse and pony show which I assumed was to cover themselves for the office visit. I won’t even see a Bill cause my insurance will just cover it. I’ll have to go online and check in a few weeks.

That's shady for sure since the vaccine was covered as part of the CARES act for Medicare/Medicaid and directed private insurance to not charge for the vaccine:

Section 3203 of the CARES Act that non-grandfathered group health plans and health insurance issuers offering non-grandfathered group or individual health insurance coverage provide coverage, without cost sharing, for qualifying coronavirus preventive services, which includes COVID-19 immunizations.

right it is, but legal cause they re doing an office visit. the shot is a covered procedure. so when you go in for the shot they do a wellness visit which is chargeable as an office visit. there is always a work around to everything medical related. I have seen it now for 20 plus years. this is just certain places that we have seen around me. not all. but it is happening.

later things don’t change for ppe. You can still carry it on ur clothes, hair, body. You can still get it. It’s not a 100 percent thing. This is where vigilance and cont care with masking a social distancing is still so important. I have talked to so many people who think once they get the vaccine it’s back to normal life.
This scares the crud out of me and has for some time. We couldn’t get people to think of others when they had to worry about themselves too. Once they don’t have to worry about themselves...... they have no incentive whatsoever. We are doomed as a society.

This is a tough topic for me cause I have gotten into many arguments about this. My life has been on hold for a year now cause of all this. I literally do nothing except work and fish with 2 other guys. One who is retired and around no one. The other a surgeon who is tested weekly cause of surgery. We go no where. My kids play zero sports anymore. They don’t go over thier friends house for over a year. I have now cx’ed 5 Disney trips. All of this is ok cause it is what should help. But then there are tons of people I know who are still running thier lives. normal while I give up everything practically to help the cause. I keep saying maybe if we all did this for the past year I would have been able to go to Disney by now or the beach or my kid go to dance at least. But still here we r. No end in sight.

It’s very discouraging and upsetting. Perfect example. Not like I would even think about going to Disney right now. I barely can walk into a restaurant to pick up food and personally know the owner. It’s the only place we will get takeout from. Last weekend I had to go out to my Jeep and wait and have one of the girls bring out my food. I was too freaked out by all the people in there. Ya thier tables are apart and they are going everything right but you got people talked across tables cause they know each other and all I’m seeing in particular in my head flying around. Maybe it’s me. Maybe I’m getting agoraphobic from being home so much. I didn’t mind it this summer cause we had the backyard with the pool. It was our first full summer with everything finally done. I was able to fish. Maybe it’s cause it’s winter now. I don’t know.

This is a tough topic for me cause I have gotten into many arguments about this. My life has been on hold for a year now cause of all this. I literally do nothing except work and fish with 2 other guys. One who is retired and around no one. The other a surgeon who is tested weekly cause of surgery. We go no where. My kids play zero sports anymore. They don’t go over thier friends house for over a year. I have now cx’ed 5 Disney trips. All of this is ok cause it is what should help. But then there are tons of people I know who are still running thier lives. normal while I give up everything practically to help the cause. I keep saying maybe if we all did this for the past year I would have been able to go to Disney by now or the beach or my kid go to dance at least. But still here we r. No end in sight.

It’s very discouraging and upsetting. Perfect example. Not like I would even think about going to Disney right now. I barely can walk into a restaurant to pick up food and personally know the owner. It’s the only place we will get takeout from. Last weekend I had to go out to my Jeep and wait and have one of the girls bring out my food. I was too freaked out by all the people in there. Ya thier tables are apart and they are going everything right but you got people talked across tables cause they know each other and all I’m seeing in particular in my head flying around. Maybe it’s me. Maybe I’m getting agoraphobic from being home so much. I didn’t mind it this summer cause we had the backyard with the pool. It was our first full summer with everything finally done. I was able to fish. Maybe it’s cause it’s winter now. I don’t know.

I feel just as you do! 👍 It upsets me seeing people ignoring the simple precautions everyone should be taking. We’ve lost 3 extended family members and some family of friends to Covid. I wish everyone understood this is no joke!

You’re right. It was easier when our pool was open. It’s so depressing right now.

I try to keep remind myself that this is temporary. I believe at some point we will have better control of Covid (vaccines, treatments), greatly reducing the chance that you will get Covid, and if you do, it won’t put you in the hospital or worse.

At 57, it’ll probably be some time (months?) before I can get vaccinated. My spouse turns 65 in a few days, so hopefully he can get vaccinated in the near(ish) future. My mother (80yrs old), got her first dose over the weekend and is scheduled to get her second Feb 27. I’ll at least feel relieved she will have some protection.

Last edited:
"Free" in that they were paid for by the US Federal Government.

Sollace: Would it be Novavax?

Yes, he visited this last weekend. He said they made a few batches, the vaccine is in trials. He also said distribution will go to Africa. Here is an article on FUJI in College Station:

After almost a year of not being seriously impacted by the pandemic, due to family members' bubbles, I am now faced with being the weakest link (hubby has been vaccinated and young, healthy family members are going back to work outside the home.) The thought of not being able to hang with my toddler grandchild (aka the_vector) is killing me. My family has taken this seriously from the start, and they don't want to put me at risk.
How are you socially distancing in the pool? What, if anything, can I do to assure my family that I can be safe while playing with my grandson in the pool?
(Note: I understand that folks have different levels of addressing this risk. After a year of serious social distancing and precautions, my kids aren't going to throw caution to the winds because I miss the light of my life. I'm looking for science-based things I can do to reduce risk.)
Thanks all!

I'm right there with you! I think (hope?!) that part of our perception of being the only ones still locked down/taking the pandemic seriously is that social media is likely overrepresenting the "look at the fun we're having out and about!!" crowd. Certainly, I'm not sharing a lot of " sat at home today. Again." posts.
Anyway, you're not alone. I went out to get a carry out meal for hubby's birthday and was shocked at the crowds in the restaurant. Last time we had done carry out was for our 35th anniversary last August.
Next time you think you're the last person in America still taking precautions, you can think of me picking up our contact-free Walmart groceries.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Science says no contact aka 6 ft distance with masks.

What does that mean to you and your beloved grand child? Is he old enough to not run up to you to hug you? Can you hang out on the deck while he swims and plays? Can you sit at one table over there while he sits at another table outside eating? If all of those things are possible then you are set to at least see and chat with him.

Do you have any "conditions" that could push your doc to say you NEED to get the shot right now?

Science says no contact aka 6 ft distance with masks.

What does that mean to you and your beloved grand child? Is he old enough to not run up to you to hug you? Can you hang out on the deck while he swims and plays? Can you sit at one table over there while he sits at another table outside eating? If all of those things are possible then you are set to at least see and chat with him.

Do you have any "conditions" that could push your doc to say you NEED to get the shot right now?
Once Florida creates a process for high risk folks, I will be able to get in line. Until then it looks like I'll be joining the rest of the grandparents who fill the gap with phone and video calls. Sigh.

• Sad
Reactions: Newdude and kimkats
Once Florida creates a process for high risk folks, I will be able to get in line. Until then it looks like I'll be joining the rest of the grandparents who fill the gap with phone and video calls. Sigh.

I wish you the best of luck getting the vaccine.

Even though my spouse is eligible for the vaccine now here in VA, actually getting an appointment has been impossible. 😣

I got the Moderna vaccine yesterday afternoon. I had a fever and chills all night and still do not feel very well. Felt like someone hit me in the shoulder with a sledgehammer. Had 101.5 degree fever today. Been taking Tylenol to help with it. They say the Moderna shot has more of these side effects than Phizer. Not looking forward to my second dose on March 11, as it is reportedly worse. I got the initial Shingles vaccine in October and second dose 3 weeks ago, and had the same symptoms. I sure hope this covid vaccine is not a yearly requirement!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: kimkats
We get our 2nd shot Wednesday. Can't wait. First shot was a breeze. Getting the appointment was a mess but the shot was so well organized I was amazed. 600 people in line for a 2 hr window and we both got our shots in less than 30 min. We are so ready to get out of here! Family weddings in Dallas for April and May scheduled and we'll be there! We will still take precautions but at least not too afraid to get on a plane anymore. That's a huge improvement for us.

I got the Moderna vaccine yesterday afternoon. I had a fever and chills all night and still do not feel very well. Felt like someone hit me in the shoulder with a sledgehammer. Had 101.5 degree fever today. Been taking Tylenol to help with it. They say the Moderna shot has more of these side effects than Phizer. Not looking forward to my second dose on March 11, as it is reportedly worse. I got the initial Shingles vaccine in October and second dose 3 weeks ago, and had the same symptoms. I sure hope this covid vaccine is not a year.y requirement!
Honestly, with a reaction like this, it means you have a very responsive immune system!

2 people close to me went recently and got different shots. One Moderna, one Pfizer based on what was available and nothing else. Both were sore at shot 1 with no other symptoms and both got hit by a truck with shot 2 for 48 hours. I am eligible on Monday but with a new wave of people I imagine scheduling will be an issue.

I am with nurses and healthcare workers all day. It’s all the talk right now. Second dose time for most of us. Everyone is like “how was it? What happened? What did you do?” Reactions are all over the map. My example. I am allergic to 46 out of 47 things tested for allergy. And I mean highly allergic. I have asthma. Bad. When I got my first dose the doctor tried to talk me out of it with my the above history. He said only reason I’m giving it to you Is cause of the population you treat on a daily basis and I know you have a lot of fear of “giving it to someone”. I have a lot of anxiety about this. Gilt if I did. That my problem though And not the point. First shot went ok. Just tired. Second dose. Zero side affects. I should have in theory from all I hear and see and read been floored on the second shot. So all I’m saying is everyone is different. My wife all weekend was like. “Oh look how strong and grown up you are now!” I think she was preparing for the worse. Lol

Reactions: kimkats and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.