C-19 Vaccine-I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
The residents where I work were eligible for the vaccine and 99% asked to receive it. Those that said no did so because they got one from their primary doc. The shot givers told the staff that if there was enough we would be offered one. There were 9 left at the end of the day. I was given one. Here are my findings:

The vaccines were given January 7, 2021.

-residents-most were the 15 mins wait time
-a few were 30 mins wait time due to past reactions to other meds.

None of the people who received the vaccine had a reaction at the time of the shot.

The next day about half of us were said to have a sore arm at the site of injection.

Several of us noted we were fatigued the night of the vaccine. The fatigued cared into the next day for some of us. Just slightly off more than anything.

No large reactions were noted the next day. So far it has been a non-issue.

We were to get the Moderna but they ran out the day before. We received the Pfizer vaccine. They had the vials in a styrofoam cooler with a temp gauge on it. They had a VERY precise method with 2 checks/balances on mixing it and handling it. Invert not shake to mix it kind of thing.

My arm is still slightly sore today (Saturday) but that is the only thing I can notice. I am back at full energy and feeling great!

If any long term things show up I will update.

We will get our second shot on the 28th of this month.

Kim:kim:

Very cool. The doctor that lives next door said she had the first round already with no symptoms, and gets the 2nd round sometime soon. She said she is hearing she will feel bad for about 4 days after the 2nd round. I forgot to ask her which manufacturer she received.

I got the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine this past Wednesday. I am happy to share my experience as well, in case it is helpful to anyone. First dose, I had arm soreness. With the second dose, I had fatigue and a headache in addition to soreness. Headache was gone after two ibuprofen. All pretty minor symptoms luckily. They observed me for 15 minutes after both doses. I have no significant allergy history.

Thanks all for the updates. Sounds like everything we're hearing from the science journals, experts, and media. There's too many docs, researchers, companies, governments involved in these various vaccines for them not to be safe and legitimate. Glad everyone's shots have gone well and are safe.

My wife is a Nurse Practitioner working in a hospital. She does not primarily deal with COVID patients but does have patients that have COVID.

Her first shot was just a sore arm for a day. Second shot she didn’t feel great the day after the shot (but still made it through work) and felt fine the day after.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Curious what phase of the vaccine rollout it is that enabled those here to get it so early
The only people that I know of around here were 1A. It is available to 1B, but none of the 1B that I know of have been able to find it. I was at Walmart yesterday and they were putting up signs for getting your vaccine here, so hopefully it will begin rolling out broadly soon.

For anyone who has actually had COVID, my doctor said you have immunities for at least 4 months. Hopefully by then, the vaccine will be readily available or this thing has gone away.

Congrats on getting it!

My wife is a nurse and got her first dose of Moderna a couple of weeks ago. She experienced fairly minor symptoms for the first day: low grade fever, minor aches, and fatigue that evening. These cleared up within 36 hours of getting the shot. She also had about a 2 inch diameter red circle appear at the injection site a few days later, it wasn't sore at this point. Her second dose is scheduled for next week.

I'll be first in line when I'm eligible, but since I'm in my 30's without any high-risk factors and already work from home I'll be patiently waiting for several months at least. Hoping the J&J and Astrazeneca models prove effective and are approved, that and our second order of Moderna would give us enough supply to cover most of the population. 🤞

We're still on the waiting list for 65+ and want to get it as soon as possible but also are happy to see the most at risk are getting it first. We've just been very careful with N95 masks (real US made ones) alcohol wipes at restaurants and I'm certain my hands have been the most germ free since I was born!

Chris

Mine is scheduled for 3:00 pm tomorrow. It’s supposed to be the Pfizer vaccine. I’m in group 1b, but wasn’t able to schedule it nearby, (Tucson hasn’t opened 1b yet). I’m having to drive about 90 miles, up to Phoenix where they have a drive through site setup. Since AZ is now the worst in the country, it’s worth the trip! I just hope that it all works out and I actually get it, since it their first day for 1b.

My daughter-in-law (lives across the street) is a RN at local hospital. She got her second second shot on Wed, Jan 6th. First shot sore arm, two days. The second she has felt under the weather, (including fever) all weekend. “Still, much better than COVID” was her assessment.

I was in group 1A. I'm a hospital employee working with covid positive patients, often having to see them with their masks off. I'm so relieved to have gotten the vaccine. I know I could still be a carrier, and could still catch it, but I'm grateful the odds are low!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.