Bypass Heater- air bubbles coming out the jets

tcbafd

May 14, 2022
NY
Hello, I'm trying to figure out where I'm getting air bubbles in my system. I have a Hayward DE filtration system with a Hayward heater.
Air bubbles are coming out of the jets. They are smallish bubbles. I have sealed and lubed the filter lid. I think it may be happening somewhere within the heater.
Can I simply bypass the heater completely by closing off both valves (BLUE arrows in picture) while leaving the RED arrow valve open? Normally the BLUE valves are open and the RED valve is closed. The GREEN arrow is the return going back out from the filter.
Water level in the pool is good as well. So I think I have the more likely issues covered.
Any help of advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220521_102938~3.jpg
    20220521_102938~3.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 8
The red valve is a heater bypass you increased the flow by bypassing heater. You are most likely seeing the Venturi effect in your spa jets, if that is what you are referring to? Please fill out signature when you get a chance the more pictures and information we have on your pool the better we will be able to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.