Buying equipment

4divine

Aug 4, 2020
Anderson Mo
We are having a PB install a pool kit from Pool Warehouse, but I wanted to see what you guys think of what I have picked so far and if there is any way to go smaller on filter/pump/salt system to save money or do I need to go bigger.
16x37x26 L shape 3'4'' shallow, 8' deep with diving rock and 12 ft tanning ledge/entry step. PB said $16,500 to install not including gravel and decking, he plumbs and bonds, but we have to hire an electrician to run the power to equipment. He said all in we are looking at $35,000. When we are ready to move forward he said he will write it all up for the contract. Pool warehouse comes in at about $17,000 with tanning ledge and equipment listed plus a slide.

Excel 31''top mount sand filter (PB thought it would be easier/cheaper for me to maintain vs cartridge)
Hayward tristar VS950
2 grey skimmers PB suggested 5 return adding plus 2 return on steps/tanning ledge and 2 main drains
Hayward aquarite 900 expert line 40K or hayward aqua plus 4 function 40K
Dolphin DX3
wanting a heater, but our house electric runs off our existing solar panels, researching solar heating for pool.
Thanks!

Everything looks good, I love a great big cart filter, 320 to 520 sq ft... I only clean mine 1 time a year and use 50 gallons of water maybe... A sand filter will need to be cleaned and back washed many times, sometimes using 50 to 100 gallons of water each time but the sand filter is the easiest of all of them... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.