Bulb Replacement

Henry M

Silver Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Coral Springs, Florida
Need to replace bulb in unit whose information is described on attached image. If information is unclear, it reads: "American Products Co.; Model R-100BC, 12 Volt; Max Lamp Wattage-100; Type R-30. Wet Niche Type, Fresh Water Only; Use With Model CN-5 Fixture Housing." I haven't even the foggiest idea what most of that information means when it comes to choosing the correct replacement bulb. The burned-out bulb itself is LED, but has no information on it. Have no information about who installed it or when, but it's been been in there for several years. Where do I look, and what should I look for when choosing a new LED bulb?

Attachments

• pool light.jpeg
    pool light.jpeg
    975.1 KB · Views: 11
Pentair bought out American Products several years ago and sells the same lights under the Pentair Amerlite name.

R-30 specifies the size and shape of the size bulb. The bulb has to be 12 volts and a maximum of 100 watts.

Have you looked to see what bulb is in the light?

Need to replace bulb in unit whose information is described on attached image. If information is unclear, it reads: "American Products Co.; Model R-100BC, 12 Volt; Max Lamp Wattage-100; Type R-30. Wet Niche Type, Fresh Water Only; Use With Model CN-5 Fixture Housing." I haven't even the foggiest idea what most of that information means when it comes to choosing the correct replacement bulb. The burned-out bulb itself is LED, but has no information on it. Have no information about who installed it or when, but it's been been in there for several years. Where do I look, and what should I look for when choosing a new LED bulb?
Be sure to replace the lens gasket if you open that light. Re-using an old gasket is a sure way to ruin a light, it will leak.
R-30 bulbs are reflector type bulbs.

Pentair bought out American Products several years ago and sells the same lights under the Pentair Amerlite name.

R-30 specifies the size and shape of the size bulb. The bulb has to be 12 volts and a maximum of 100 watts.

Have you looked to see what bulb is in the light?
Thanks very much for your reply; one more piece of information that can only help. Thanks, again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.