Bubbles from return

Good afternoon all,

New pool installed last year. Generally it’s been smooth sailing.

Yesterday afternoon noticed that pump basket was half empty and there were small bubbles coming out of return. Cleaned skimmer basket. Also cleaned pump basket. I actually did not know that this basket had to be cleaned so there was a fair amount of junk in there.. Pump basket is now full with water and everything appears to be running normally. However still have the little bubbles shooting out of return.

Contacted pool company, and they advised to make sure water was 3/4 up skimmer. I have done this, still bubbles. I have reprised the pump a few times and used the air release at top of cartridge to let trapped air escape. Still bubbles coming out of returns.

I sent the pool company that installed a couple videos of the bubbles, their response is that it looks normal. I have pointed out to them pump basket was half empty and prior to yesterday no bubbles were coming out.

Thoughts on this would be appreciated. Are some bubbles normal. Just want to make sure this is not sign of a problem that should be addressed now.29D150FF-3F42-4B29-8E40-EC6D030C9136.jpeg

Attachments

• FAF9CC9A-85E5-47F3-87D6-9A78C5F98E5E.jpeg
    FAF9CC9A-85E5-47F3-87D6-9A78C5F98E5E.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 9
A few bubbles can be normal. It's from the SWG. Watch a while and then shut off the SWG but leave the pump on. If the bubbles stop, that's all it is. If they persist, you have an air leak. And as Marty said, the pump lid is the most likely culprit. Make sure it is clean and lubed. Even a stray blade of grass can mess up the seal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.