Bubble behind liner at water line

Tjt

Jul 15, 2018
North Iowa
While brushing the walls down I noticed a bubble behind the liner. It appears to be water. The bottom edge of the bubble starts about where the water level was over the winter (6” below skimmed) and goes up above the water line When pool is completely filled. The area of concern is approximately 24” long and the liner is tight to the wall beside and below this point Under water. Is there a way to remove a small section of the liner from the track as It is not in a corner? Also this is not from groundwater as this area is basically above where oriiginal grade was, so I have no idea what is causing it and I can’t squeeze it out.

If its dry ground it will bleed itself out. I wouldnt try popping the liner you may create a bigger issue. Take a good look around the area for water infiltration points. If ita not ground water it's coming from somewhere

I think it wicked in this winter from some unusual December rains we had. I use a full mesh winter cover because of the freezing temps we have And I’ve come to the conclusion it got through a seam in the auto cover track. Maybe not but it’s the best solution I have. I was able to get the liner loose close to the bubble through a wall fountain and vacuumed about a gallon of water out and no more Water after three days now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.