Water Bubble on Side of Liner

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
I have had a protruding bubble of water on the side of my liner in the shallow end. Today, to test for a leak anywhere, I used dye around skimmer, inlet and steps with nothing found. I decided to pull the bead away from track where the bubble was to capture some of the water. I wanted to verify if pool water or ground water. Tesing of pool water was 3800ppm of salt. Tesing of water in the bubble behind the liner was 800ppm. Question - can ground water contain some salt? I am assuming this now means that water is NOT from my pool. I just can't see how the salt PPMs would reduce that much. Thoughts from any of the experts?

Thanks!

I have had a protruding bubble of water on the side of my liner in the shallow end. Today, to test for a leak anywhere, I used dye around skimmer, inlet and steps with nothing found. I decided to pull the bead away from track where the bubble was to capture some of the water. I wanted to verify if pool water or ground water. Tesing of pool water was 3800ppm of salt. Tesing of water in the bubble behind the liner was 800ppm. Question - can ground water contain some salt? I am assuming this now means that water is NOT from my pool. I just can't see how the salt PPMs would reduce that much. Thoughts from any of the experts?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.