Brown Stains

Nov 6, 2015
Houston TX
We have brown stains that extend from our jets down to to the bottom of the pool. We also have a step in the "deep" end with brown stains that run from the step to the bottom of the pool. There are also brown spots on the bottom of the pool that are likely caused by environmental dirt. There is no metal under the water line other then the pool light so I think it is just environmental dirt. It has been building up and getting darker over the last 6 months and I have not SLAM'd the pool during those 6 months. Does a SLAM sound like it is my best option to get rid of the brown? I hate to SLAM and not let the kids swim for a few days but it is at the action stage. Any help is appreciated!

I would get a few vitamin C tablets, crush them and put them in a clean white sock. Then let the sock sit on the stain. If it cannot sit on the stain I would rub the stain with the sock for a few minutes. If this lightens the stain then you can use an ascorbic acid treatment to remove the stains. If this does not affect the stain try rubbing it with a single chlorine puck. If that lightens the stain then you can raise the FC level and it will lighten over time. You don't need to slam the pool to get rid of the stain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.