Broken Nylon Safety Cover Strap

Sep 17, 2012
Hi All,

I recently had a pool safety cover strap break on me and while it looks repairable I haven't been able to find any good How-Tos online to perform this. Does anyone have any good resources or instructions?
013d87c1152746e9c76d10e44755d549.jpg

Who is the manufacturer of the cover?

How is the broken strap connected to the cover? Pic does not show that.

Hi,

The strap is sewn onto the cover but broke midway down the strap so I'm guessing I need to sew on more nylon strap where it broke or connect the 2 broken ends with a buckle? Manufacturer is GLI.

Either of those fixes could work. I would try attaching another strap with a buckle first. I see a metal adjustment on the broken end that you should be able to loop a new strap around.

Thank you so much thats the part Im struggling with as I'm not sure what the configuration would look like to connect both ends of the straps with a buckle?

Loop a new strap of similar width in an S around that clip on the broken side.

I'm sorry I'm having a really hard time picturing how that would work being that the material is so thick it would be near impossible to have 2 straps looped in an S formation around the same buckle.

No chance u could circle in my picture what u mean exactly?

I'm sorry I'm having a really hard time picturing how that would work being that the material is so thick it would be near impossible to have 2 straps looped in an S formation around the same buckle.

You just have to be creative in forcing the material through.

Or tie the ends together with a square knot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.